The Level 2 Award in First Steps to Enterprise has been developed to provide support to people who are considering starting their first enterprise. The qualification encourages learners to work through the process of deciding whether Enterprise and Entrepreneurship is a viable option, support them in the search, identification and development of a business idea and teaches the skills necessary to launch a product or service.
The qualification units will enable learners to work through the process of deciding whether self-employment is a viable option for them, support them in the definition and development of a business idea and learn the skills of selling a product or service.
The teaching and assessment methodology for this qualification is based on the premise of direct relation to the learner’s own business idea with the intention that when they complete the qualification, they will be equipped to start their own enterprise.
Guided learning hours - 98
The minimum age for access to the qualification is 16 years.
- Generating and Assessing a Business Idea
- Assessing Your Capacity to Start and Run a Business
- Financial Considerations for a New Business
- Legal Aspects of Trading for a New Business
- Understanding How to Sell a Product or Service
- Understanding Social Enterprise
- Understanding the Uses of Social Media for Business
The fee is GBP £450 payable in full on registration.